Welcome, Autumn! The colors of fall resonate with so many people. Orange, crimson, deep gold, red, even hints of purple are some of the colors from Mother Nature’s paintbrush and they’re also the colors we bring inside our homes this time of year! From the sky at sunset to the leaves on the trees to the pumpkins on the vine, something about the warm hues of autumn usually inspires a little bit of home decorating. Maybe it’s a fresh coat of paint in warm earth tones, or some throw pillows on the bed, a bowl of cinnamon and clove potpourri, some potted chrysanthemums on the porch, or something as simple as a new candle in the kitchen. What are you doing to make your home cozy this autumn?
Wedding invitations are a key part of the big day. So much more than providing the details of the special day, the invitation is the first glimpse your guests have of your wedding – the style, tone, formality. At Flaire Celebrations, we understand that and our designers want to help you choose the perfect invitation to match your personality and style. Traditional, modern, formal, rustic, glamorous – your style, your special day, your unique, customized invitation.
* Save-the-date cards are sent out six to eight months prior to the wedding.
* Invitations go out six to eight weeks before the wedding. If it is a destination wedding, give your guests more time by sending out the invites three months ahead of time.
* Invitations are issued by the host(s) of the wedding
* Your invitation can be a valuable tool in alerting guests to “dress code.” An ultra-formal letterpress invite with calligraphy sets a different tone than a brightly colored, uniquely shaped invite with a whimsical font. It is also acceptable to include “black-tie” or “casual attire” in the lower right or left-hand corner.
* If your ceremony and reception are for adults-only, address your invitations to each guest by name; this should alert the recipient that it is not okay to include “extra” guests.
* It is perfectly acceptable to invite guests solo; you do not need to include “plus-one’s” if you choose not to.
* Although frequently done, the invitation is not the place to include your registry info; it implies you are asking for gifts.
Owning a boutique affords me lots of people-watching opportunities, specifically potential-customer-watching opportunities. It’s pretty fascinating! Every person who opens the door of my shop is a potential customer (yes, I’ve sold items to the FedEx guy and the mailman) and one thing I have learned: I cannot predict, just from appearance, what will happen when the door opens. There are the “in-and-outers” who spend less than 60 seconds. They see only a small fraction of what’s fabulous in the shop. There are the “promisers” who say, “Love your store and I’m going to come back.” (To them, I would like to say, “Pray I’ll still be in business whenever you come back.”) The “shy browsers” might not say much but they are taking it all in and savoring the treasures they find. I’ve encountered the “Whirlwinds” who enthusiastically, vocally love my shop and find 10 must-have items within a short time. “Friends who shop” often inspire each other to make purchases, but occasionally they are so busy conversing that I’ve simply provided a space for them to gab. “Tolerant spouses” may start out with arms crossed and frowns etched, but more often than not, I will win them over! And, finally, “purposeful repeaters” – the category of loyal shopper who purposefully finds his/her way to my shop because they know I will help them, they know they will leave carrying the perfect gift, they know as they walk out the door it will be with mission accomplished. I love my customers, it makes me very, very happy to make a sale. Come visit me – perhaps you’ll be an entirely new category of potential customer; or better yet, you won’t be ‘potential’ for long!!
We’re going to celebrate the arrival of fall at a special craft fair on Saturday, Sept. 28th from 9 am-3pm. Come meet local artisans and vendors selling hand-crafted items, gourmet treats, candles, jewelry, accessories & more. This is a great way to find unique treasures from the creative folks in our own backyards. Register to win a gift basket filled with goodies from each of the fair’s vendors.
Click Here To Find Out More or Sign Up As A Vendor.